Why is my Credit Card being declined?
If you are experiencing a problem with using your credit card on our site there are a few things to be aware of:
~ We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and PayPal
~ Ensure you have the proper funds in your bank to cover the cost of your order.
~ Modefa uses anti-fraud measures to protect our customers and the population in general. This means that if the billing information (name, address, card security code, etc) that you provide us do not match what is on file with your financial institution, your card will be declined. Here are some tips to avoid problems:
- Please make sure that you are providing this information exactly as your bank knows it.
- Make sure your bank has on file your correct information, and update them when you move. Even small variations such as one number wrong in the zip code can cause a problem.
- If you need your order shipped to a separate location from your billing address, then uncheck the box that appears under your billing address: "Ship items to the above billing address."
- As stated above in the payment options, many international financial institutions do not support the AVS anti-fraud settings we use. This may cause your card to be declined for international customers since we are not able toverify the information you have provided.
- If you continue to have problems which seem to be unexplained, try using PayPal instead.
Please be aware that if you make several attempts to make payment and your card is declined, your financial institution may put a hold on your account for that amount for EACH attempt you make. For example, if your order totals $100, and you unsuccessfully try to charge your credit card 3 times, your bank may put three separate holds on your account, each in the amount of $100. This has nothing to do with Modefa, and if your card is declined then these holds will eventually disappear without any charge. Please contact your financial institution for information about their specific policies and procedures.